Thursday, February 7, 2008

"The Brand Called You"-Ponderings 1

Last week I read this article named "A brand called you". Though the writing style didn't really attract me the power of the topic really made me inquisitive ,it is thought provocative. Basically I loved it... Jumped on the gun of what does BRAND "ME" meant to me, what I wanted it to mean to others and what it really meant!!!

Honestly I don’t know a complete answer to any of the questions and that really surprises me!!!This is becoz I thought the Brand MBA/IIM should have answered this for me already :(
Suddenly all the "JARGONS" I use came alive and questioned me..do I really endorse what I say or practice what I say...Now this turns into a different kinda question-which on a normal day I would have branded as "Philosiphical"...
So more I think abt the topic, more I feel this concept had been ingrained in a human being albeit called different- as "EGO"
Now that I wrote that, I feel as if I am opening a Pandora's box.!.

God why can't I think plain and simple like the way I used to do when I was a kid. Even then I was able to appreciate "GREY" areas in life-the difference was that, I saw grey as a color in itself and not as a mix of black & white.
As I grew I know all the facts but tend to weigh grey as combination of black& white....

As I write I feel I am bothered abt analysing and building the brand "me" and not visualising the brand "me"
I guess I understand the plight of revamping a brand...!!!" "Cleaning up something is always painful than creating one" I am stuck in my current feel of my self that I find it difficult to make it simple and envision

Folks what do you guys think…

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/10/brandyou.html

PS: uff how many quotes/jargons ;-) I have used...Habits die hard..dont blame me this is wat I do for living!!!
hmm.. am not liking so many "I"s in the blog but then is that not the idea of this blog???

3 comments:

Sindhu said...

This is a thought provoking post, Viji. Yes, it is important that we identify with ouurselves.
For this reason, many a time, it is ood if we step out of our shoes and see how the world looks at us. When we realise that we know how far we are in achieveing the brand 'Me' that we have cultivated.

Kriti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kriti said...

How true...So lost in making a living, pleasing ourself and others around us, trying to live life... that we really forget what we are!!!
Nice post Viji..Food for thought [:)]