Thursday, February 21, 2008

Amar Chithra Katha

There used to be days when I use to be crazy of reading comics..
be it a
daily library period to savour twinkle
Weekly anxious wait for the lending library fellow to give me my ambulimama's
Monthly mandate visits to our local book store for Gokulam ( Yea since my mom is a fan of mangayar malar, she would buy gokulam for us)

Suppandi & co were a brilliant entertainers surprise !!!surprise !!!with a strong message.

Being in the tender age the imprints left by these stories are phenomenal, to the extent that I can really enjoy cartoons & children comincs even today.

I recently heard Females are verbose oriented rather than picture oriented, however I ifnd myself respond to pictures then verbiage..mebbe the habit of comics reading!!! call it kalia's trick maybe...

Today while searching details for carbon credit I accidentally found ACK MEdia, a company that bought Amar Chithra Katha and all the brand icons along with it...Their maket focus is to make it intially avaialble in various platform ( read it as web ;-)) for fee and improve the character.
This is an awesome and moneysome business...

I was so imporessed with these guys who have 8/10 year exp ( meaning an average of <40 yr olds) folks handling this enterprise.

The entrprenur bug laughs and mocks at me...how I feel gr8 and wish I can do something like that....
Then the catch is I am not working on my creative side, rather I am trying to adopt toa routine ( honestly all my folks would vouch I am no good in that too!!)

Hmm something is happenig in life as it unravels who knows I might finally walk hand in hand with my entrprenurial bug :-)))

Note : If anyone of you is wondering abt ACK, which inspiried me to write such a blog ,then here you go
http://www.ack-media.com/index.php

Signing off

3 comments:

Sindhu said...

Viji,
Firstly, I wish you all the best if you are starting a venture. It would be great to see you as an entrepreneur.
Secondly, to comment on yr post, it indeed brought back nostalgic memories. Kalia, Suppandi, Shikari Shambu flooded my mind. I used to love reading Phantom comics and Mandrake comics too.
I always thought Gokulam was a wonderful magazine. It was creative and very educative. It indeed was informative. I really feel like picking up one of the old copies and reading them again.
I went through the link...very interesting:)

Sindhu said...

Viji, Kriti, Phani,

I have tagged you from my post at
http://aquareflects.blogspot.com

Now you guys have to write your thoughts on the alphabet on the Sojourn Journey:)

Yayathy said...

Its always nice to admit ourselves in what we like.......


Cheers!!!!!